Shared Services & Outsourcing
- Shared servicing, outsourcing and offshoring significant areas of business critical activity to drive down costs, optimise working capital, increase service levels and improve the control environment
- Planning for, resourcing and implementing global and regional Shared Service Organisations (SSOs) covering a wide ranges of functions and processes including offshore solutions
- Turning round sub optimal or "failing" SSOs
- Statutory and Fiscal compliance delivered by SSOs for multiple countries and legal jurisdictions
- Ensuring that the retained organisation is well placed to support ongoing business strategies and objectives
- Independent of any outsourcing providers, we offer impartial sourcing advice and support covering both internal and external options, to ensure that the best solutions for your business are found.
- Design and build of Human Resources (HR) Centres of Excellence to ensure that consistent best in class service is delivered to all employees across the organisation. We customise the structure to align with your corporate geographical requirements.
- Sourcing, negotiating and managing relationships with third party providers where use of BPO providers has been deemed part of the most optimal sourcing mix.
- Training and development for Shared Service practitioners and Shared Service customers
Examples of Success
- Cost savings of between 20% and 80% of functional cost, depending on staring point baseline. Examples include 70% cost reduction for a technology company and 40% for a media company
- Implemented and then operated Global and Regional Shared Services for Finance, Procurement and HR functions for a number of businesses, Services in a controlled manner, causing no service dilution, while also reducing costs and improving controls.
- Meeting multiple business unit, reporting, legal, statutory and compliance requirements.
- Negotiated outsourcing contracts with leading payroll and expense management providers. Established centralised procurement functions.
- Significant improvement in service levels as recognised in customer satisfaction surveys.
- Have turned around a number of previously failing Shared Services operations.
- Developed the outsourcing strategy and transitioned global payroll support for 20,000 employees to three service providers covering Europe, US and Asia.
- Implementation of an Offshore Finance Shared Services operation in Bangalore India for a company providing global services to a Big 4 Firm.
- Developed organisational design and implementation framework for a multi-regional Shared Services model for a FMCG organisation and a global travel company.